Steam locomotive #4 is a 32 ton Heisler logging locomotive built in 1929.
The WMCRR bought the Heisler in 1958. Until that time it had worked at the International Shoe Company in Marlington West Virginia. The WMCRR put the Heisler into service in 1961. From 1964 until 1976 it hauled the White Mountain Central excursion train full-time. From 1977 until 1984 it hauled the excursion train intermittently. By 1984 the passenger service had grown to 5 cars which was too much for this locomotive. At that point the locomotive was stored inside the back engine shed. It was run intermittently until Sept 2006. It is stored unserviceable.